We run a fully supported winter programme (February to August) with professional coaching. Teams train twice per week and play in the local Canterbury District competition. Academy teams are selected through trials at the end of November please read further for more information or drop us an email.
In 2018 we are introducing Performance Tracking Technology and the Adidas Smart Ball as integral components of the Winter Program.
When playing for the Academy both Players and Supporters are expected to behave in a certain way. Please read the Code of Conduct and be sure that you and your child are willing to embrace this. We are keen to develop and maintain the best learning environment for the players. You will be asked to confirm your acceptance of this code when purchasing these services.
The program is as follows
- February to March – 8 week pre-season training period coupled with trial games,
- April to August – 20 week season playing teams across the local district representing Marrickville Football Club.
- Training is twice per week for a total of 3 hours
- Games are either Saturday (Under 6 to Under 11) or Sunday (Under 12 up) and fully supported by your coach
- July School Holidays – Kanga Cup (1 week) (additional costs involved)
- In addition teams have a number of pre-season trial games
The Red Devils Academy has a strong repetition and culture for developing and nurturing young players many of which successfully graduate to Youth League Football
Trial dates for teams for the 2018 Season (February to August) are
Attendance required by all PLAYERS on ALL DATES (4 sessions)
STEEL PARK, ILLAWARRA ROAD – MARRICKVILLE.
- Session One – Tuesday 28th November 2017
- Session Two – Thursday 30th November 2017
- Session Three – Tuesday 5th December 2017
- Session Four – Thursday 7th December 2017
Under 8, 9 and 10’s
- 17:15 Sign in
- 17:45 Trial Starts
- 18:45 Trial Ends
Under 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15
- 18:30 Sign in
- 19:00 Trial Starts
- 20:00 Trial Ends
Please register by completing and submitting the Registration form
Registration is $1480 (including GST) for the season.
What is included
- 3 hours professional coaching per week,
- 1 hour game day support by the team coach
- Over $250 of Nike apparel including training top (2), socks (2), shorts (2), tracksuit (1), match day polo (1) and kit bag
- All equipment costs
Over the season this works out at less than $20 per session (game and training)
What is not included
- Additional Tournament Entry Fees and Accommodation (i.e. Canberra for Kanga)
- Marrickville Football Club Registration Fees – these are payable directly to the community club. Further information provided once trial and acceptance process complete